Tuesday 19 July 2011

Rinky-Dink Instruments. A dirtbag project.

Blues, folk, bluesgrass and now Rinky-Dink. Music of indigent Americans, otherwise known as hillbillies. Screaming slide guitar and strange instruments banging and scraping and whistling all coming together in a cornucopia of genuine home-made music. A drifters soundtrack to life.

I have decided to start building my own set of home-made instruments. Rinky-Dink Instruments (trademark pending).I will be starting with "Stompbox". No, not an electric guitar pedal, a REAL stompbox. A wooden box for stomping your foot on, generating a bass drum effect. Made to emulate the footstompin of hillbillies stomping their feet on the front porch while jamming their myriad of junkyard instruments.


So far I intend on making a few essential junkyard instruments. Namely :

  - Stompbox
  - Diddley-Bow
  - Cigarbox Guitar
  - Doodle-Bass

Once I have assembled my Rinky-Dink collection I hope to record a few tracks of pure unadulterated trashbox music.  Until then ...Put your shoes on Lucy, don't you know you is in the city?

No comments:

Post a Comment