Thursday 9 June 2011

Social Media.The forbidden fruit.

So...

After actively ignoring the call to indulge in the ever-growing world of social media for the past few years (bar facebook) I have been requested by my employers to research this uncharted territory as a means of customer support and mild marketing strategies.

As a form research I have taken it upon myself to create a buffer blog, a sort of crash test dummy of a blog if you will, to ascertain how this new world I have entered into functions and the possibilities that it affords me.

Let me just get one thing straight first. I will not be blogging about my work, nor will I be blogging about the advantages of using social media as a form of customer support. This initial post is merely an explanation as to why I have suddenly found myself in this unfamiliar environment.

As I push forward into the unknown I hope to capture the essence of the moments I comment about in a light that is both interesting and slightly weird. I don't expect everyone to understand some of my innate ramblings, but I do hope that somewhere out there, a faint light will flicker in the darkness.

To later days.

No comments:

Post a Comment